Welcome to the homepage for aUToronto, the University of Toronto's self-driving car team. We are one of eight teams that will compete in the new SAE/GM AutoDrive Challenge. GM will donate an all-electric Bolt to each team, which we will equip with sensors and program to be self-driving!
The competition runs from 2017 to 2020 with three increasingly difficult challenges to be completed. More information can be found in the competition description document.
If you are interested in learning more about aUToronto, contributing to the effort, or joining the team, please join our mail list:
We are now hiring for the leadership roles of the team, with a deadline of May 26. To apply, please follow these instructions:
- May 7, 2017: Instructions to apply for leadership positions posted here.
- May 1, 2017: aUToronto voted as our official team name; offical Year 1 rules released by SAE
- April 26, 2017: Held our information session from 6-7 pm in BA1160. Slides here.
- April 13, 2017: Featured in the Globe and Mail, CTV News.
- April 12, 2017: Date/time/location of the information session is released.
- April 5, 2017: Our sign-up page goes online. Join our mail list if you are interested in joining, supporting, or following our team.
- April 5, 2017: Competition teams announced including UofT!
- February 1, 2017: Proposals submitted.
- December 14, 2016: SAE/GM AutoDrive competition announced.